This policy (represented on the webpage) applies to any personal information which iatp may collect when you visit our website. The primary purpose of iatp’s website is to be a useful and dynamic resource and a business-enabling tool to help you learn more about our services and recognition. We want your experience to be secure and comfortable as we are committed to maintaining your privacy when doing so.
iatp may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You are requested to check this page for any latest updates to ensure that you make yourself aware of any changes.
Information we collect
iatp collects information at its websites in ways such as 'directly' (example – when you provide information to sign up for a newsletter, whitepaper, web resource or register to comment on a forum); and ‘indirectly’ (example – through our website’s technology or cookies). iatp may collect the following primary information (but not limited to):
- Email address
- Phone number
The above information is collected through filling in forms on our website. This includes registering to use the website, subscribing to services, newsletters, and alerts, registering for a webinar or any other related information. It is completely up to you to decide before providing any personal information.
Along with the above information, we may collect personal data of our workers, candidates, vendors, business contacts, shareholders and website users. We will always try to give individuals appropriate notice of what data will be collected and for the purpose for which the same is collected and used. iatp will only process that data if it is considered fair and lawful to do so.
Our website collects information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to filter traffic, to look up user domains and to report on statistics as required.
Details of your visits to our website and the related tracking such as the pages and sections you view and resources you access or request for download, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, blogs and other communication data. Please refer the Cookies section below for more information on the same.
We do not generally seek to collect or process sensitive personal data also known as special categories (revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation) through this site or otherwise. In the limited cases where we may seek to collect such data, we will do this in accordance with local data privacy law requirements.
What do we do with the information collected?
iatp requires this information to better understand the needs that you may have in terms of the services we offer and provide you with the better experience and services. We may also use this information for:
- Internal records for correspondence.
- Providing you with the information you request, process online requests (job applications, resources) and for other purposes.
- Improve our service offerings and personalize your experience.
- Periodically send promotional emails about new service offerings, webinars, technology events or any other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Contacting you for the collection of feedback and for marketing purposes where you have agreed.
- Any postings, comments or other content that you may post on our website.
- We may transfer personal data to our contracted service providers and advisors who may be located in other countries. Adequate data protection is provided before any such data transfers are made.
- Disclosing your personal data to third parties in the event that we sell or liquidate any part of our business or assets.
How secure is the information collected?
iatp is committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Regarding your use of our websites, it should be noted that the open nature of the Internet is such that information and personal data may flow over networks connecting you to our systems without security measures in some cases and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended.
In case you follow a link to any of the sites which may be arising out of iatp’s website, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
iatp is complaint with the leading internationally recognized compliance and security standards.
For how long do we retain the data?
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. If you have an association or an account with us, we will only keep the data while your account is active or for as long as needed to provide services to you and, as further needed for us to comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
A cookie is a packet of information sent by a server to a World Wide Web browser and then sent back by the browser each time it accesses that server (definition: Wikipedia). Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit any website and allow the website to recognize your device. Cookies are used for authentication, tracking, and maintaining user-specific information and often contain a unique and anonymous identifier. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change the settings in your browser to allow you to accept or decline cookies depending upon your preferences.
By using our website, you agree that we can place cookies and other similar technologies on your device (including mobile devices) as explained in this Cookies policy. By continuing to use your mobile device to access this website, you agree that the following information may be collected: your unique device identifier, mobile device IP address, information about your device’s operating system, mobile carrier details and your location related information (to the extent permissible under applicable law).
- Type of cookies used –
- iatp also uses “Session” cookies which are temporary and once you close the browser window, they are deleted from your device.
- Along with this iatp also uses “Persistent” cookies which remain on your device for a longer period and are used by the website to recognize your device when you return.
- Strictly Necessary cookies – These cookies are essential in order to enable you to navigate around the site and use its features. Without these, services you have asked for cannot be provided and may result in a meager user experience.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies allow a site to remember choices you make (such as your username or the region you are in) and provide more enhanced personal features. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. They don’t gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the Internet outside our site.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information about your visit and use of this website, for instance, which pages you visit the most often, and if you get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how this website works.
- Targeting cookies – These cookies are used to deliver content more relevant to you and your interests; and limit the number of times you see the same content; and also, to help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign, if any; and understand users’ behavior. They are usually placed on behalf of advertising networks with the site operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a site and quite often they will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization. iatp does not use third-party advertising on our site, so we do not use these Targeting cookies for advertising but we use them for gathering analytics and intelligence about the site.
How can you control the information provided? Your rights.
As a user, you may choose to restrict the information that we have collected or the way in which the same would be used, in the following ways:
- Whenever you are providing personal information, ensure that the explicit consent is checked. In case you do not want to provide the consent, personal information shall not be collected in the first place.
- In case you would not want to share your personal information for any marketing related purposes or promotional emails, you should leave the appropriate option unchecked and/or write an email to us at email@example.com.
- We generally do not make decisions by purely automatic means, but if we do, you have the right to object.
- In case you have previously subscribed or agreed to us for sharing your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may opt out the same anytime by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
iatp shall not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit consent to do so or are required by law to do so.
In case you would like to withdraw, erase, update/modify the personal information that we hold about you, please inform us by writing an email to email@example.com and we shall take the necessary actions.